You’re living in a Green Cities building.
We believe that good design is sustainable, and contributes to the health of people and the planet. We consider our impact in everything we do, and strive to continuously optimize our energy efficiency. We are meticulous in prioritizing products that are third-party verified and do not contain harmful chemicals, metals, or other toxins.
From clean air and a connection to nature, to a focus on wellness and green living, we hope you can feel the difference. Thank you for being a part of our community as we seek to create a healthier, more sustainable, and more resilient home environment.
Here are some of the ways Caldwell is prioritizing sustainability, health, and community:
- Replaced unit light bulbs with LED bulbs, which use 75% less energy than incandescent, and last up to 25 times longer.
- Sourced ENERGY STAR©-rated appliances for all renovated units, which use 15% less energy than other models.
- Added low-flow aerators in plumbing fixtures to saves up to 50% of water.
Health and Wellbeing
- Installed a water bottle filling station and drinking fountain in the gym to reduce disposable water bottle use and increase access to fresh water for all.
- Partnered with Green City Growers to plant seasonal pollinator gardens with herbs and veggies for resident use. These pollen-producing plants attract and protect biodiversity.
- Offered modern fitness center with modern equipment.
- Provided resident bike parking.
- Used Universal Design practices which recognize that everyone is different, and takes into consideration their abilities, as well as mental, physical, and emotional needs.
- Commissioned local artist for lobby artwork.
- Used GREENGUARD certified low VOC paints to reduce harmful gasses emitted by traditional paints.
- Installed walk-off floor mats at all entries to reduce indoor air pollutants and dirt.
- Prohibited smoking inside the building and within ten feet.
- Provided green cleaning supplies to all staff and tenants, reducing harsh chemicals.
- Installed sustainable vinyl plank flooring.
Caldwell is a LEED Certified building.